Shockwave Therapy in Mona Vale
The team at Epic Life Physio are experts in the use of shockwave therapy which is a non-surgical treatment of painful conditions that uses a sound wave machine which fires an acoustic ‘pulse’ into damaged tissue through a special handpiece with the aim of reducing pain and inflammation, whilst stimulating the body’s healing response. Shockwave therapy provides fast pain relief, accelerates healing, and restores mobility. Patients can often avoid use of painkillers or steroid injections for their injury which in turn can dramatically reduce recovery time.
Shockwave therapy is ideal for speeding up the recovery of both acute or chronic pain based conditions and your physio will determine if this treatment should be combined with other treatment modalities such as strengthening exercises and soft tissue massage.
At Epic Life Physio in Mona Vale we use Shockwave Therapy for conditions such as:
- Tendon injuries (e.g. Achilles tendinopathy, gluteal (trochanteric bursitis) and patellar tendinopathy)
- Plantar fasciitis (foot and heel pain)
- Achilles tendon pain / issues
- Tennis elbow / golfers elbow
- Chronic injuries that have not responded to other treatments such as back stiffness, OA of various joins in the body
Trish to confirm if anything more to add here